Special thanks to my root partner Riberas for this delicious M. Cassava meat dumplings recipe!
1 kg of peeled cassava
300 g ground beef
1 small carrot, grated
1/4 cup tomato paste
200 g flour
1 beaten egg
100 g mozzarella cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 oz Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup milk
1 stick margarine
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the cassava in salted water until it is soft. Remove the water and let the yucca cool down a little.
2. Remove the centre or vein from the cassava, place it in a bowl with melted butter, milk, salt, cheese and mash it.
3. In a saucepan place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onion and stir over high heat to make the meat crumble.
4. Lower the heat and season with salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon, add carrot and tomato paste, cook for 5 min.
5. To form the enyucados, take a portion of the cassava dough, if desired, use extra flour so that it does not stick to your hands.
6. Form them into a ball, then spread them out on your palm and fill the centre with the minced meat. Wrap the meat with the cassava to form oval buns.
7. Once ready, dip them in battered egg and breadcrumbs, and then fry them in oil, so that they brown on the outside and cook on the inside.