When the temperature rises and the first rays of summer sunshine show themselves, many people turn on the BBQ. Do you know that there are many options for a vegetarian BBQ? This is a tasty vegetarian recipe with M. Shiitake on the BBQ.
Ingredients for 3 small skewers
6 M. Shiitake mushrooms
6 Cherry tomatoes (or other small sweet tomatoes)
1 red onion
sprig of thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
Season with pepper and salt
Soak the wooden skewers in water first to prevent it from burning.
1. Wipe the M. Shiitake clean with a damp piece of kitchen paper. Break off the stalks. Cut large ones in half, so that all pieces are about the same size.
2. Cut the onion in six pieces and finely chop the garlic and thyme.
3. Skewer the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onion.
4. Make the marinade from 2 tbsp olive oil, the chopped garlic and thyme. Oil both sides of the skewer with the marinade.
5. Grill the M. Shiitake 3 - 5 minutes per side, about 6 - 10 minutes total. If you have a Big Green Egg, grill the skewers on 220 degrees. Season with salt and pepper in the last minute.
When the mushrooms are brown and tender, they are ready to eat!