This is a vegetarian mushroom ragout in a summer setting! Ragout comes from the French ragoûter, meaning: "to revive the taste". This dish is enjoyable as a starter, but can also be served as a snack or tapa.
The M. Shanghai Pak Choi gives this ragout healthy and exciting twist.
INGREDIENTS for 2 persons
150 grams Luxury mushroom mix
(M. Shimeji white and brown, M. Shiitake, M. Oyster mushroom)
1 M. baby Shanghai Pak Choi (bok choy)
½ red onion or shallot
For the Ragout:
25 grams cream butter
20 grams wheat flour
1 mushroom stock cube (or vegetable stock)
50 milliliters milk or cream
Pepper and salt to taste
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Tear the leaves off the M. Shanghai pak choi and clean with water.
2. Chop the onion and finely chop the parsley.
3. Take the Luxe Mix. Cut off the bottom of the M. Shimeji and gently pull the stems apart. Tear the M. Oyster mushrooms. Slice the M. Shiitake.
4. Make broth from 125 ml water and the mushroom stock cube. Put this on low heat.
5. Put 10 grams of the butter in a pan and fry the onion for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the mushroom mix and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the mix from the pan and place on a plate.
7. In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter and add the flour. Stir the butter/flour mixture briefly over low heat. Slowly pour in the hot broth and then the milk until a smooth, bound sauce forms.
8. Stir the mushroom mixture and parsley into the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Using a spoon, to spoon the ragout onto the lower part of the stems of a mini Shanghai pak choi. This gives a delicious crunchy bite!
Suggestion: bite off the 'spoon' and use the leaf to roll up the remaining ragout.
Enjoy this tasty snack!