Surprise your friends or family with this delicious wild mushroom recipe. I have a veal oyster with wild M. chanterelles ready for you.
This is how I do it. Watch my cooking video.
Ingredients for 1 person
60 grams of M. Chanterelles
250 grams parsnip
50 ml cream
60 ml port wine
1 pot veal stock
60 ml red wine
160 grams of veal oyster
1 clove of garlic
Provencal sea salt
Baby green asparagus
Pepper & salt to taste
30 grams of butter
1. Prepare the parsnip puree. Cook the parsnips, puree with a hand blender and add cream. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the port sauce. Put half a shallot and some rosemary in a pan with a little oil, fry them. Deglaze with the port & red wine, let it reduce and add the veal stock to the desired thickness.
3. Chop the M. Chanterelles (this is how you clean them) and chop half a shallot.
4. Fry the chanterelles in a hot frying pan. Mushrooms contain a lot of moisture, so don't put the chanterelles against each other. The chanterelles need space to become nice and crispy.
5. Turn the mushrooms after about 1 minute. Fry until they are golden brown.
6. Add half a shallot, a few sprigs of rosemary and salt and pepper for flavor. Stir-fry this briefly.
7. Marinate the veal oyster with pepper, salt and Provencal sea salt.
8. Fry the meat in a hot pan. Let all sides sear well, so that all the juices remain in the meat.
9. Add a knob of butter, a sprig of rosemary and garlic. Spoon the gravy over the meat a few times.
10. Cook the veal oyster for another 5 minutes in the oven at 160 degrees.
11. Cut off the bottom of the green asparagus.
12. Blanch for 1.5 minutes in a pan of boiling water.
1. Heat the parsnip puree and port sauce.
2. Spread a spoonful of the parsnip puree onto a plate.
3. Place 5-6 asparagus on top.
4. Divide the M. Chanterelles around it.
5. Slice the veal oyster and place on top of the asparagus
6. Pour the port sauce around the meat
7. Finish with beautiful edible flowers if desired.
Enjoy your beautiful meal!
I am curious. How does it taste? Share your dish on Instagram or Facebook with #mwildflavors or tag @m.wildflavors.